Thursday, August 23, 2007

Back to the Dino Stuff

Well, we are back to our dinosaurs again. I purchased a lapbook from Live and Learn Press  ( to see a preview, click on the blue letters) to cover the subjects. I like it because we can use our own beliefs of creation with it- anybody can for that matter. I am really enjoying the lessons being covered. As soon as we are finish, I will post the pics. In the mean time, we have been learning about various Paleontologists-some from the past and some from the present, what their jobs entail and objects they use. Today, we got into fossils- what they are and how they got here. We made our booklets for the lapbook and then the kids watched a video online at Cosmeo.com. To go with the lesson we put our own fossils together. I found the kits at a nearby store for $2.88 a piece. They were more fun than I thought they would be to put together and the results were pretty impressive. I thought about covering the pieces in dirt and letting the kids find them, but I didn't want to loose or get any pieces mixed together. Once the fossils were together, we looked them up in some dino books from the library to see what they looked like with skin...some were surprising and some weren't.

2 comments:

  1. My son loves dinosaurs!! In fact, he wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up. He's very interested in all things dinosaur. I think we have every movie ever made and tons of dino building kits. I'm amazed at all the things that I find out there!!

    Blessings!

    Michelle in Japan

    ReplyDelete