Well, we have finished a lapbook on volcanoes. It was not my intent to do a lapbook, but we did. I am actually pretty pleased with it. Only my two middle sons did them. When I taught it from the curriculum, my first grader was the only one who was supposed to study and make a volcano, but his brothers were really excited and I pulled them into the lesson. Someone shared on my curriculums group site, a company that would charge $1 for rock samples. They come in a nice little pack, divided up with what type of rocks they are. We had fun and here are a few pics:
Interactive Map: http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/pompeii/pmpMain.html
Mount Vesuvius erupting: http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/pompeii/pmpErup.html
Pompeii: http://www.harcourtschool.com/activity/pompeii/pmpPomp.html
To order your own Texas Rock Kit, for $1.00: www.beg.utexas.edu/mainweb/publications/pubs-toorder.htm



Love the wintery look of your blog.It sounds like you are all having fun with the learning as usual thanks for being such an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI just recently started lapbooking and found your site through a Dino post on Live and Learn Press. Your family is beautiful, your lapbooks are inspiring and I thank you for sharing what you've accomplished.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Shabrail
Thanks for the links. We studied volcanos earlier this year, but we are making a project for our cover school's fair. So we can add info from the sites and I am going to check out the rocks for $1. Thanks again. Love the new template. I have not learned how to do neat things on my blog, maybe someday.
ReplyDeleteBe blessed,
Chasity
These look great.
ReplyDeleteHi Missy,
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find the Jounrey to the Center of the Earth minit book for you lapbook?
Thanks! :) Ami